There are a number of reasons why you might need or want a small bathroom update. Maybe your bathroom is outdated and in need of a makeover. Or, maybe you’re simply looking for ways to make your life easier and more convenient. Whatever the reason, there are a number of small bathroom updates that will make your life better.
What are some small bathroom updates?
If you’re looking for updates that will have a big impact on your bathroom, there are several to consider. Here are a few of the best small bathroom updates you can make to make your life better:
- Paint – A fresh coat of paint can do wonders for a bathroom. It can revive an old, outdated space, and the endless color options are sure to fit any style and taste.
- Illumination – Good lighting can make a huge difference. If you have existing lighting, consider replacing it with something brighter and more modern.
- Shelves and Cabinets – A wall-mounted storage solution like shelves or cabinets can free up a lot of floor space and help you better organize your bathroom products.
- Wall Art – Give your bathroom a personal touch with some aesthetic wall art. Find a piece of art that reflects your personality and interests to make the space truly your own.
- Plants – Adding some organic plants to your bathroom can bring life and warmth to a space. Choose plants that are well suited for your bathroom’s lighting and humidity levels.
How to make small bathroom updates
Making small bathroom updates is an easy and cost-effective way to give your bathroom a fresh look and transform it into a more beautiful, functional and enjoyable space. Here are some simple steps to follow in order to make small bathroom updates:
1. Make a list of your desired updates.
Before anything else, take the time to create a list of all the small updates you want to make. This will give you an overview of the entire project, and you can use it to keep track of the progress. Do some research and define your style, and include a budget to work with.
2. Take measurements and identify fixtures.
Measure all the surfaces and areas of the bathroom that need updating, and take into consideration existing fixtures like toilets and tubs. This will help you plan what bathrooms updates you will be able to make.
3. Start with the basics.
Choose items such as countertops, tiles and shower fixtures first. These items tend to be the most difficult to replace since they often require cutting and installation.
4. Replace accessories.
Replace old bathroom accessories such as sink and toilet handles, towel racks and faucets. This can help give your bathroom an instant fresh look without too much effort.
5. Add stylish details.
Once all the basics are done, add stylish details to your bathroom such as a new mirror, rugs, decorative elements, and plants.
The benefits of small bathroom updates
Small bathroom updates are a great way to give your bathroom a much-needed refresh. Not only do small updates help to make the space more pleasant for you and your family, but they can bring added benefits that you may not have thought of.
Firstly, small updates can help you to save money in the long-term. Investing in quality fixtures and materials can help to minimize potential repair costs in the future. They can also help to lower your energy bills, as they often come with efficient designs and materials.
Small updates can also help to increase the value in your home. Simple improvements such as brightening the walls with new tile can bring a fresh new look, making the space more desirable and potentially increasing your home’s value.
Furthermore, they can help to improve air quality and comfort, as they often feature efficient fixtures and contemporary designs that won’t require high maintenance in the future.
These are just a few of the benefits you can experience from making small bathroom updates. Investing in improvements and styling can help to make your bathroom more enjoyable, more efficient and can potentially raise the value of your home.
Ready to Update Your Bathroom?
If you would like to discuss your ideas with one of our consultants at Innovative Kitchen & Bath, we would love to hear from you. Alternatively, you can pop in to our new showroom in Kirkland to get some fresh ideas.